Join the Technium Team
Technium knows that our success stems from our employees, and we are always looking to add talented, savvy people to our team.
Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer will work as an escalation engineer in Technium’s Managed Services Operations Team supporting our customer’s secure networks. This position will require a proactive engineer who works well in a team environment but can also work independently to rapidly identify and resolve issues in our customer’s environments. In addition to excellent networking and security fundamentals, the candidate should also have experience in a variety of technologies such as switching, routing, and next-generation firewalls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads break/fix activities, escalating problems to senior management and/or vendors as appropriate.
- Responds to escalated network issues for our customer’s systems; facilitates advanced diagnosis and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing changes to the customer’s network infrastructure.
- Resolving advanced support issues and mentoring the junior network engineering staff.
- Daily support and maintenance of supporting technologies to maintain the infrastructure’s security posture.
- Responsible for meeting customer’s contractual objectives, ensuring performance and uptime SLAs are met.
- Perform capacity planning and be proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Configure switches, routers and next generation firewalls in complex IP networks: LAN, WAN, Wireless and VoIP.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for assigned customer networks.
- Communicate effectively with clients, team members and management staff.
- This role will be part of our on-call rotation, including some night and weekend work as needed.
- 5-10+ years of network experience
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP networking
- High degree of proficiency in Cisco and Juniper switches and routers
- Understanding of networking technologies and protocols including but not limited to: STP, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP, IPSec, DMVPN, SD-WAN
- Experience with network troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark and tcpdump
- Checkpoint/Palo Alto NGFW experience is required
- Experience with WAN optimization technologies is preferred
- Juniper, Cisco, Meraki, Checkpoint, and Palo Alto certifications are preferred
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Previous experience with monitoring and ticketing platforms
- Previous experience working in a Managed Services environment preferred
- This is a fully remote position covering the hours of 11am-7pm EST
- Must have adequate workspace and reliable internet connectivity
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Customer Service mindset
- Proactive problem solver
- Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills
- Efficient documentation skills
- Desire to be challenged and keen to learn new technologies
The Project Manager ensures that Technium customer-facing and internal projects are completed successfully, applying their experience in managing project teams comprising senior business and technical management, partners, customer project team members, and Technium engineering resources. The individual in this full-time role demonstrates a desire to own projects through the duration of the project lifecycle, and deliver positive outcomes for customers, partners, and internal Technium staff. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as significant customer interaction is required.
Measurements of success include overall customer experience, project delivery quality and timeliness, and budget compliance. The Project Manager will also help shape the Technium Project Management Office (PMO) by contributing ideas and implementing improvements to the PMO tools, processes, and documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple concurrent customer-facing Professional Services projects
- Manage new customer onboarding projects as required
- Manage internal development and improvement projects as required
- Manage project tasks, deliverables, risks, and issues to help ensure timely, cost effective, and high quality delivery of projects
- Manage the change control process for scoped projects
- Produce and manage plans that reflect business and technology ability to meet stated goals and milestones
- Assist in resource planning for technical resources
- Assist in implementing improvements to Technium’s project delivery capabilities
- Maintain technical acumen and apply as necessary in the delivery of projects
- Celebrate project success and rewards excellent team performance
- 3-5 years customer-facing project management experience required
- Networking-related project management experience preferred
- PMP or comparable project management certification preferred
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills
- Experience managing projects using multiple development methodologies and frameworks (i.e., SDLC, Agile, etc.) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects and help drive them to successful completion
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Strong customer focus: dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external and internal customers, and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Strong learning, reasoning, negotiating and problem solving ability
- Experience with business software including Microsoft office suite, PSA platforms, and CRM
- Ability to display endurance and capacity for a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Network and Security Intern
Why choose an internship program at Techium?
In order to create a steady stream of qualified FTE candidates, Technium should target college students in the concentrations that are most likely to produce high achieving Network Engineers. We will try to recruit as early as Freshman year but will most certainly consider Sophomore and Junior students as well.
- Network and Security Intern L1 = Freshman Summer
- Network and Security Intern L1 = Sophomore Summer
- Network and Security Intern L2 = Junior Summer
Freshman (1st year):
- Complete all Technium core trainings including: NSOC Process and Procedure, Security Fundamentals, Communications Standards and Engineering Best Practices – 1 week
- Complete Network and Security Operations Center(NSOC) rotation – 3 weeks
- Complete Security Analysis rotation – 3 weeks
- Complete Professional Services rotation – 3 weeks
Sophomore (2nd year): TBD
Junior (3rd year): TBD
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become part of the Technium team!
- Attend vendor events and training as part of Technium’s core vendor competency
- Actively participate in an environment based on trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Motivate and inspire team members
- Learn from senior networking and security engineers
- Do independent research and ask question when appropriate
- Contribute to healthy group dynamics
- Work with the team to resolve complex technical challenges
- Celebrate team and team member accomplishments
Keys to Success:
- Arriving to work on time and becoming a dependable member of the team
- Exceptional communication with customers, both verbal and written
- Exceptional communication with your internship coordinator and your rotation leader
- Giving 100% effort every day
Network Security Engineer
The Network Security Engineer participates in network and security design, configuration, and testing activities for Technium’s customer-facing professional services projects. The individual in this role exhibits a strong passion for building and improving secure networks, with a focus on project delivery. This role requires the engineer to think critically through problems and be a self-starter when confronted with challenges. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as significant customer interaction is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, configure, and test network and security devices per scope of customer projects
- Perform troubleshooting and support activities as part of project delivery
- Lead or participate in network security discovery and design workshops
- Configure network security devices per design agreed upon with the customer
- Support physical installation of network and security devices, either in person or remotely
- Participate in network and security assessments
- Communicate progress and status of deliverables to customer and Technium project teams
- Maintain technical acumen and apply as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Certificates within security and/or networking space (CCNA, Security +)
- Familiar with next generation firewall technology
- Experience with cloud (AWS, Azure) network and security is desirable
- Basic LINUX knowledge
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and network troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities
- Ethical and trustworthy
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred