What it means to “Be the exception”
Technium offers something special to the security marketplace.
In trying to define Technium, a case could be made that it is a Managed Services Provider (MSP) or maybe, more appropriately, a Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP). Neither, however, feels exactly right for us. We don’t quite fit into these categories, because our value proposition covers components of both. In this case, we are proud to be the exception.
The typical MSP, while often succeeding in handling day-to-day IT, lacks significant depth particularly around network and network security. On the other side, an MSSP offers highly focused security analysis and reporting, without accountability for repair or policy. In some cases both MSP and MSSPs bring strong security tools to the solution, but lack the focus on tuning and repair.
Technium combines the best of both MSPs and MSSPs—providing a complete service and solution for all data in motion. We resemble an MSP in design, deployment, and management, and an MSSP in security analysis, tuning and reporting. Technium spends time understanding our customers’ environment; we put the correct equipment, people, and systems in place and then stay engaged to monitor, maintain and remediate–becoming an extension of our customers’ teams. We strive to be the exception in the security marketplace and in everything we do.
Technium is an expert in and provides:
- 24×7 monitoring, maintenance, and remediation
- Assessment, design, and implementation services
- Advisory and consulting services
- Design, deployment, and ongoing support for:
- Access points
- Cloud topology and security
- Connectivity and security in the cloud
- Security and tools
- Configuration changes and daily backup
- Continuous scanning and tuning
- Shutting down ports at network level if we find
Technium does not directly handle the below, however, to provide end-to-end security to our customers, we have an ecosystem of carefully selected partners who offer:
- Deskside/desktop, server maintenance and active directory configuration support
- Remediating issues found with endpoint detection and response (EDR)
- Managed detection and response (MDR)
- IOT, mobile device management (MDM), storage systems, and lab systems
- Third party security
- Penetration testing
- Forensic and gap assessments
If you’d really like to get a feel for what Technium is all about, watch this video .
Once you listen to our company’s co-founder, Michael Joseph, you’ll get a deep understanding behind our mission: To secure networks and protect our customers. You’ll find out why good security is an ongoing process, not a project, and how this drives our approach.
You’ll also hear about:
- Common security health mistakes at companies of all sizes
- What is commonly missed in security
- About Technium’s proprietary tool, SAARC— and how it changed our NSOC (Network and Security Operations) and improved customers’ security
- Our regular and on-going reporting process and how it helps improve security over time
- Why companies are scoring so low in security
Also, if you’d like to read more about different types of MSP’s check out this blog post.